Thursday 27 January 2011

Belated Engagement Announcement

Ok, so as it was now over 2 weeks ago this is most definitely belated! Even more so as everyone that follows my blog is also my friend on Facebook and already knows! hehe


(BTW if your just a random reader or casual visitor - please follow. It gets very lonely feeling like I'm blogging to 8 people!)


But anyway, it didnt feel right to sit and ramble on about randomness without first mentioning my BIGGEST news! 


Me and Codaniel just celebrated our 1yr anniversary on the 10th January. We went to our favourite hotel, the Marriott and we got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite.

We were going to go out for dinner but I wanted to get dressed up in my new dress (he saw a dress and bought it for me "just because" and because he thought it would look good on me - I couldnt have chosen a better dress myself!) and heels, but I wasnt walking through a foot of snow in -10F in heels and a dress!

So we ordered in from the fancy restaurant we would have gone to and had our candlelit dinner in the suite.

I gave him his anniversary present, an engraved Silver guitar pick necklace and I was hugging him and then he was saying all this sweet  stuff. Telling me that he didn't want to spend his life with anyone else, and I kinda knew what was coming! Then he got down on one knee and pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him! It was so sweet. So simple and so US. 



I'm really sad because I accidentally deleted all the pictures from our anniversary and engagement from my camera! :( That really sucked.

The ring is 
14K Gold band with a 1/3 Carat Champagne diamond. Champagne diamonds are rarer than white diamonds and come in a variety of colours :)


Mine depends entirely on how the light catches it. Sometimes an amber colour, sometimes pink and occasionally - purple! The photos on my basic camera don't do it justice unfortunately




We havn't set a date yet - we need to work out various legal stuff first. But it will likely be Spring 2012. And it will most likely be in the States - he has a much bigger family than me. But I really hope with enough notice and with things like block booking flights, the majority of my friends will still be able to come. 

4 comments:

  1. couldn't be happier for you my Sarah!!!! I never greeted you personally but CONGRATULATIONS TO you and CODY!!! =) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Love you too sweetie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so happy for you guys!!! If you need anything at all let me know! I know a ton of different websites to look at and what to look for when you go out to start planning!! I am soooo happy for you!!! Enjoy every minute of it. For me it still feels like yesterday that Greg proposed and that was 8 months ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you hun!

    I think I will definitly appreciate some advice. At the moment I havnt got any specifics - but im sure I will!

    *squee* SUCH an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this ramble :)