Saturday 29 January 2011

I'm proud of my girls!

I just wanted to give a really big shout out to two of the bravest women I know.


First of all - my very good friend Lorna. She recently gave birth to her son, close to 3 months prematurley. I can only imagine how hard that must be on her and her partner and their families.


And although I havnt spoken to her other than briefly on Facebook (damn these time differences...hello - transporters already please?!) both her and the baby are doing very well.


I am SO proud of her and for the strength she has. And I'm proud of that little one too! Just like he's mum and dad he is extremley strong. I can only ask that you might spare a small thought/prayer/good will into the universe that he keeps doing well, gaining weight, and making each and every day a magical one for his parents.


And whilst we're on the subject of women that I'm proud of I dont want to forget Karen. One of my oldest and dearest friends, who went through hell and high water with her twins (also born prematurley). You almost wouldnt know it to see the two of them now. They'll be 3 in April and are two of the most adorable, intelligent and loving kids I have ever met. If your one for prayers and positivity and also feeling generous with them and its not too much to ask - you might spare them one too?


Its hard to believe that a few short years ago (ahem - at least 8) me and the girls were all getting drunk and giggling about boys and now we're all making major life choices. And especially for two of the most wonderful girls I know, who are now two of the very best mums that I know.


Karen and Lorna, I'm proud to call you my friends. You are amazing.


(Apologies girls - especially you Prabz - I know your gonna hate me for this...but tough!)


My SUPERgirls! :D



PS: I dont think any of the girls really read my blog. But I wanted this positivty and love for them to be sent out into the Universe via Cyberspace. I love you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this ramble :)